A REES JONES DESIGN
The Rees Jones-designed golf course at Rio Secco Golf Club unfolds over the rugged high desert foothills overlooking Las Vegas. The unique location and exceptional design combine to deliver one of the finest golf experiences in the game.
Initially opening for play in 1997, Jones was called on to enhance Rio Secco in 2017.
“The course has matured substantially in 20 years,” said Jones. “This renovation project gave us the opportunity to reclaim and enhance the features and shot options that made Rio Secco so special in the first place. We expanded the playability of the golf course, while increasing the nuances to challenge the best players in the game. Golfers will find Rio Secco to be an even more memorable experience that presents a different test with every round. It’s a great place to play on a daily basis.”
“Rio Secco is a great golf course to play on a daily basis.”
Rees Jones, Course Architect
While Jones’ upgrades include completely new greens, bunkers, forward tee boxes and an expanded practice facility, the core of his original unforgettable design remains the same.
The front nine is highlighted by several holes routed through the club’s namesake, which means “Dry River” in Portuguese, flanked by steep canyon walls. The back nine begins with a climb to a plateau featuring commanding views of The Strip and the entire Las Vegas valley below, and the finishing holes amble up, down and along a series rocky desert ridges.
The par-72 test measures 6,921 yards from the back “Blue” tees, compared to a manageable 6,081 yards from the two-up “Yellow” tees; however, if that’s not enough, it can tip-out at a remarkable 7,400 yards. Several holes, especially the par 3s, require carries over native desert canyons, but thanks to the renovation, five forward tee boxes were added to soften carries and renew the club’s commitment to playability.
AWARDS + ACCOLADES
- #11 Golfers’ Choice: Best of Nevada | Golf Advisor
- #12 Best Courses You Can Play – Nevada | Golfweek
- #11 Most Improved Golf Courses | Golf Advisor
- #12 Best Courses in Nevada | Top100golfcourses.com
- #5 Best Nevada Golf Courses | Golfnevada.com
- #11 Best Courses You Can Play – Nevada | Golf Magazine
- #11 Best Golf Courses You Can Play – Nevada | Golfweek
- #41 Best Casino Courses in America | Golfweek
- #12 Best Courses in Nevada | Golf Course Gurus
- #8 Top Golf Courses – Nevada | Golf Advisor
- #10 Best Courses You Can Play – Nevada | Golf Magazine
- #11 Best Courses You Can Play – Nevada | Golfweek
- #10 Nevada’s Best Courses You Can Play | Golfweek
- #39 Best Casino Courses | Golfweek
- #7 Top 25 Golf Courses in Las Vegas | Golf Digest
- 4½ out of 5 Stars | Golf Digest
Please be prepared to tee off 15 minutes before your start time. Reservation of less than four players may be paired with others. Twilight times are not guaranteed to finish before sundown.
Unless deemed unplayable by management, all cancellations, no shows or reductions will be charged.
Golfers are responsible for cancelations inside of 72 hours, including reductions in group size. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 777-2400 to cancel or alter your reservation.
Proper golf attire – collared shirt, pants/shorts and footwear – is expected at all times. No denim, gym clothes, or other attire deemed inappropriate by management will be allowed.
Pace of play is 4.5-5 hours. Please maintain position with the group ahead.
Outside caddies are not allowed, and it is not always possible to accommodate non-playing guests. Carts are required.
Guests are responsible for any and all damage to property inside or outside course grounds.
Rio Secco has a complete practice facility including a grass practice range, chipping green with bunker, and putting green.
Access to the practice facilities is limited to playing guests on the day of play only.