ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
STAY SAFE. PLAY SAFE. WELCOME BACK TO RIO SECCO.
At Rio Secco, we are committed to providing the safest environment possible for our staff, and of course for our guests to enjoy the great game of golf at one of Las Vegas’s best golf facilities. For the foreseeable future, Rio Secco will adopt the changes below to daily operations to promote a healthy and safe environment. Keeping in mind, the situation related to COVID-19 is ever-changing, so as things develop and evolve, facility operations will change accordingly.
Rio Secco will continually update this page as new information becomes available. (last updated on 06/25/20)
- FACE MASKS and/or FACE COVERINGS are required at Rio Secco. This requirement applies anytime while inside the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, restrooms and locker rooms, and through areas. This also includes while outdoors “when 6 feet of social distancing from those not in your household isn’t possible.” Guests are expected to arrive to property with their own masks, and they’re worn throughout the visit to Rio Secco, in accordance with the state directive. (updated 06/25/20)
- The Golf Shop is open but restricted. Sanitizer will be provided to guests before entering the retail portion of the golf shop.
- The Clubhouse including Janelas Restaurant & Bar and Locker Rooms are open but with conditions, and with a strong emphasis on social distancing at all times.
- Tee Times will be spaced at least 15 minutes apart.
- Please Arrive Early, at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tee time.
- With guest’s permission, Rio Secco staff will handle guests’ Golf Bags and accessories, and will assist with loading golf cars.
- Until further notice, Fivesomes will not be accommodated.
- Practice Range has hitting bays spaced farther apart, further promoting social distancing. Flags, shag bags, and practice balls have been removed from the chipping and putting greens.
- Each player will be required to ride in their own Golf Car, and until further notice riders and spectators are prohibited including caddies and forecaddies. Members of the same household may be assigned a single golf car, verification required at check-in.
- Each golf car will be Cleaned and Sanitized between uses, with special attention to “high-touch” areas including the GPS screen, steering wheel, seat, bars, dashboard areas, and straps and handles.
- All “High-Touch” areas throughout the club will be routinely cleaned and sanitized, including the Clubhouse areas, Snack Bar, and on-course Comfort Stations.
- FACE MASKS and/or FACE COVERINGS are required at Rio Secco. This requirement applies while outdoors “when 6 feet of social distancing from those not in your household isn’t possible.” Guests are expected to wear face coverings throughout the round at Rio Secco, in accordance with the state directive. (updated 06/25/20)
- Each hole will have a Modified Cup so players will not have to reach into the hole to retrieve their ball
- Guests are asked to please avoid touching or moving the Flagsticks.
- All Bunker Rakes have been removed from course. As a courtesy to the rest of the field, we ask all guests to smooth any bunkers just played from.
- The Snack Bar is open for on-course dining. Tables and chairs at Snack Bar area will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- The golf cars will be stripped of all accessories, including sand/seed bottles and coolers. Guests will receive a new Pencil, Tees, and Scorecard prior to teeing off #1.
- We ask that all guests practice Social Distancing at all times, and Avoid Congregating anywhere on property including in or around the golf shop, in or around the Clubhouse, in the golf car-staging area, on the practice facilities, or on tees and greens.
Janelas Restaurant & Bar
We are thrilled to be reopening and providing the wonderful golf course dining experience you’ve come to love at Janelas, but we’re also committed to doing so in the safest way possible. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding of the changes made. Following the latest government guidance and recommendations, the Janelas team has implemented precautionary steps to help protect our dining guests, and staff.
- FACE MASKS and/or FACE COVERINGS are required at Rio Secco and Janelas Restaurant & Bar. This requirement applies anytime while inside the clubhouse, golf shop, restaurant, restrooms and locker rooms, and through areas. Guests are expected to arrive to property with their own masks, and they’re worn throughout the visit to Rio Secco, in accordance with the state directive. Face coverings may be removed when seated at a table for dining purposes, or when seated at the Bar for bar service. (updated 06/25/20)
- Due to limited seating, we ask all guests to make Advanced Reservations. Walk-ups may be accommodated, based on availability as determined by the Janelas team in its sole and absolute discretion.
- All parties must Wait to be Seated by a Janelas staff member. Any guests waiting to be seated must do so outside the clubhouse, practicing social distancing at all times.
- Dining Room Seating is Limited, with tables and chairs removed to ensure social distancing at all times.
- Tables are limited to a Maximum of Five Seats. Tables may not be combined for larger groups.
- The Bar is open for full service, with restrictions.
- Single Use Paper Menus will be provided, and disposed of after each use.
- All food prep and service staff will Wear Masks at all times. Guests are encouraged to wear masks when practical.
- All Chairs and Tables will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- All “High-Touch” areas throughout the clubhouse will be routinely cleaned and sanitized, including doors, handles, restrooms and locker rooms.
Tournaments and Events will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis: Rio Secco is committed to accommodating each request to the furthest extent possible under the guidance and direction of local and state governments. Please contact us for personalized service and the most recent update of our tournament and event operations.
Thank you for patience and understanding during these uncertain and unprecedented times. We deeply appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you soon at Rio Secco.